Monday, August 9, 2010

We finally made it to Baton Rouge to see the Darjean Grandparents and we had a blast. For me, it was a restful weekend. I literally walked in, handed the kids to Grandma and did whatever I wanted to do the rest of the weekend :) I am blessed with a hardworking mother-in-law who is extremely good with not just my kids, but kids in general. Its what she does for a living. As usual, Mama D and Daddy D were great hosts, kept us well fed and pushed us out the door to have some alone time every night we were there! Its sad that we have to travel all the way to Louisiana to get that, but I am NOT complaining. We cant wait to go back. The kids did really well sleeping there and pretty much played from sun up to sun down. Thats the advantage of having inlaws who are still raising little kids (they adopted), there are TOYS everywhere :) The picture below is my girls sleeping hard, It made me laugh that even though we were away from home, they couldnt separate themselves and wanted to sleep near each other.

Add caption
Eric swimming with the girls!

We've become regulars at Uncle Nate and Auntie Sarah's apartment pool. Its nice cause we are usually the only people there and we can tire out our kids, and then send them to bed!

No comments: