Monday, August 9, 2010

Mother of all Updates.....BORING!


So you say you want an update? Well here you go..........
First let me explain the picture above, we went to a birthday party that had a pinata so we came home with way too much candy. I told the girls they couldnt have anymore, and well, the word "no" to my two year old must mean the exact opposite because she climbed up on the kitchen counter, then up on the refrigerator and retrieved the candy from the cabinet above it! She then proceeded to hand it out to her siblings and I found them sitting against the wall eating their suckers cause they KNOW their Momma, and I cant stand sticky messes. At least they were considerate right??


Here is an update on each kiddo:
Hannah: I have seen alot of growth in her this summer. The Lord has definitely given this one a sweet, sensitive personality. I used to wander if she had any firstborn characteristics because she is somewhat of a pushover and soft spoken and doesnt seem to be a leader. BUT this summer she has changed my opinion. Hannah is definitely a big sister. She is a rule follower, sensitive to others feelings and can take charge when she needs to. She assess every situation before she goes into, is careful, and keeps us all in line around here. she will be a great leader because she is teachable and thinks of others.  she is getting better in the pool, still timid though. She LOVES to run and has run a mile almost effortlessly. She is all girl, but does very well in sports. She is looking forward to dance starting back up and school too.

Abigail: I have seen the most growth in my two year old. First of all it seems she has been two forever! I almost gave up with this one. She is VERY strong-willed, LOUD, LOUD and did I mention LOUD? Her tantrums are loud, she throws about twenty a day! Our whole lives had to change because of her volume. For a while, her punishment for screaming at bed time or naptime would be that I would take hannah out of the room and boy did that calm her down! People who meet this child congratulate me on parenting cause she is tough! BUT, she is actually my funniest kid, most fun to be around, and no drama. Ha, how does that work? Well, with Hannah she is all girl, therefore there is the drama that comes with that, and the whining that is emotionally draining. Abbie is NOT like that at all, no drama. what you see is what you get! Her future husband will appreciate that.  After Vacation Bible School i decided to potty train her and she got it within 2 days and she has been fully trained since then, even at night!! she is determined and i love that about her. She is amazing in her physical skills. She can do flips on the floor, off the couch, jump, sprint, dance, and her coordination is crazy. Eric (the athelete) marvels at her all the time. She loves, loves, loves music. She performs for us at least three times a day. Her two favorite songs right now are Our God by Chris Tomlin and I COuld Sing of your love forever! She can say all of Romans 5:8 (At the top of her lungs), and she loves to help me do all the chores at home! She finally doesnt fight me when I give her a shot every night and that has been so touching to me, I cry almost every time. She even said "I no cry Momma, it make me grow!" She is a mess, but keeps me laughing all day, and I love being around her (most of the time!)

Joshie-D: Boy oh Boy! That is exactly what he is ALL BOY! and he is a screamer now. He screams about everything. I think it is to get our attention and so far I am failing because just to get him to stop I give in. But oh wow, we need that to stop! He smiles and laughs all day long. Still pretty sweet, just getting rough now. He is 13 months old and he went from taking a few steps to walking and now RUNNING! he chases the girls all day long and runs away from me when I need him! He throws everything! I blame this one on Eric because Eric will sit and let him throw to him and I keep saying "its all fun and games til he is throwing something in someone face". I am ashamed to admit he bit someone. I was mortified, but I wasnt there, if I was, I would have bit him back, and plan on doing that if he bites again! Its been a few weeks, so lets hope it was a fluke. He says random words, can climb up things and now knows how to get back down. Our bed is pretty high and i see him sliding down on his tummy now, so I dont care if I see him on my bed anymore! He loves to fill baskets with random things and drag them around the house. He LOVES stawberries. He really doesnt take two naps anymore, but he sleeps in til like 10 a.m. so maybe thats why! i think when we start getting up early he will go back to two naps!

Eric (:)) : He's not a kid, but  I will do him too :) He coached summer league baseball and worked so we didnt see much of him so that was hard. He is finished with summer league now, and has a few months off before he starts coaching at the school. right now he is just working at work! One job for a few months will be nice.

Me: Well, I'm busy chasing the kids and keeping up with the meals and the house! There might be some exciting changes for me in the future, but we shall see.  Oh and Eric and I are going to Las Vegas! Yes, you read that right. My high school class 10 yr reunion will be there, thats what happens when you go to a boarding school in Jos, Nigeria, the reunion ends up being somewhere random! But I am really looking forward to it, seeing my classmates and getting away with my husband for the first time ever!! We have never been away from the kids, so it is making me sick to my stomach to think about it, but I will be okay and I know they will.

No comments: