Monday, August 15, 2011

Surprise!!!!

I cant even begin to explain yesterday! I just know that for the FIRST time in my entire life I was surprised FULLY. Anyone who knows me knows that I should have been a private investigator :) All those close to me know that I am the most impossible person to surprise or plan things for, but Eric pulled it off yesterday with the help of all of those close to us who love me and I am still so humbled and cant believe it happened. All I know is that I was surprised it was the best birthday I have ever had. I didnt get any good pictures from the day, but I have the memories forever. The picture above is just a glimpse into how many people we had packed into our little home!
Honestly, our house has been a blessing in that way, I dont think one week goes by since we moved into it over two years ago where we havent hosted something here and we absolutely love it. We are simple, and we dont have much, and yes, we may have a blanket up in one of our rooms as the temporary curtain, but hey, its our lot, its not a lot, but its OURS :)
I have SO many people to thank for yesterday. You all know who you are, Eric and I couldnt walk through this life without y'all. It takes a village to raise this Darjean family :) I am grateful for each and everyone of you and yesterday proves that all Eric has to do is call and wow, the turnout and the food :) We have wonderful family, I cant even call y'all "friends" anymore. My kids call all of you "Auntie" and "Uncle" anyway. Hannah said to me this morning "we always have big parties at our house". I hope we always do. I hope my kids grow up knowing that we love to have all of you gathered in our home, eating meals, talking, letting the kids run around long past bedtime, fellowshipping and just being together. So just so you all know, we have three September birthdays so get ready, you all know the location, see you there :)

This is one of my favorite pictures of me and my man. I cant write this blog entry without thanking Eric. He spoke at my party yesterday and as usual he said the sweetest things about me and about our time together the past almost 7 years. What can I say about this man? There is not enough space or time. Baby, thank you so much for my party. Thank you for loving me so intentionally these past few weeks as my emotions have run high with my mother leaving, me going to Nigeria and coming back and our firstborn growing up! Thank you for always making me feel like the number one girl in the house. I am thankful for your leadership and for your love.

No comments: