I thought this was neat, they had a "red carpet" thing going on. It was a womens conference so they treated all the women like stars! Because I was VIP I never got to come in on the red carpet because we came in through the super cool green room in the back! But we saw video of them coming in during the sessions and it was pretty neat and looked fun!
Celebration Church did an amazing job putting on the SHINE conference! They provided these cute little snack boxes at each session, which had really yummy snacks and a water bottle in them for all of us.
This is my sister, my friend, my bosom buddy, tearing up the word of God! I sat there and took it all in, I learned so much from hearing her speak and I cried because I have known her since our high school days in Nigeria and she totally has become who God designed her to be. I love you so much Merzzz! :)
Me and Mercy! Everyone at her church kept asking me if I had dirt on her from high school. All I remember is having the most fun, carefree days back in Jos, Nigeria. We are both married now and mothers and I love how we are still walking through life at the same pace. I stayed with her family for four days and her husband kept saying "Y'all are like, the same person!"
This is Julia Immonen. Remember her. She and her team are doing the coolest thing. First let me tell you that if you dont know anything about sex trafficking, you live in a hole! Honestly, right now, today, in our world it is one of the biggest money industries ever! My cousin works for a company who is out to stop the companies (MAJOR COMPANIES by the way), who sponsor and support sex trafficking, so sad! It makes my stomach sick. And yours should too, it is not just girls who are teens or above, the youngest cases are actually infants! SICK! Christine Caine (most people are familiar with her), has dedicated her life to helping stop trafficking, and many others too (singer Natalie Grant, etc) Visit this website: A21 to see what its all about and how you can help. Back to Julia, I met her at this conference and she is "sporty" as the British call it so she decided to get a team together and do something physical to help end trafficking. Her team will be rowing the Atlantic, yes oh my word!!! Read more about them here.
Overall, my time at the SHINE conference was great, I learned so much from hearing Priscilla Shirer speak, Jentzen Franklin, Lisa Bevere, and Dr. Sandra Richter, whose book Im currently reading! Its neat to step out of your circle and learn from other people. Thank you to Eric for now letting me pursue my dream through this. Well, our dream. World, here we come.
2 comments:
Oh so JEALOUS!!!! I would have loved to hear her speak....MERCY...I need a copy.... :) Miss you Linda.
Hey girl, I recently learned all about this horrendous trafficking from my brother and his wife. Their church is supporting missionaries in Cambodia and educating their members about it. It broke my heart and literally made me want to be sick! I broke down right there in my brother's kitchen! Thank you sweetie for posting this so that people like me who were living under a hole can start praying!!!! Love you lots!
Post a Comment