Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Blow out

This happened to me on the way to Edna's birthday dinner on Saturday. My cousin, Sarah, and I were making a girls night out of it and we were cruisin' on I-35 right at down town Dallas, when all of a sudden we heard something and felt the car shake. Luckily I was able to coast right into the first exit and park the car. Thankfully, both Sarah and I know how to change a tire so we just stripped down from our cute clothes, hiked up our dresses and got to work. It was hot and we were sweating and getting dirty by the minute! I can NOT tell you how many men drove past us, slowed down to take a look and kept driving. To those men I say: I hope your wife, daughter, or friend is never stranded on the stranded on the side of the road. Geesh! I was wearing the wrong shoes to jump on the jack piece to unscrew the nuts. I got one loose and was trying to get the rest, I was getting upset and more so as more guys slowed down to take a look and drive off. I prayed to myself "Lord, please help". And of course He did, a kind soul in a pick-up truck stopped and finished it off for me. To that wonderful angel, THANK YOU. May your tribe increase :)  The last time I changed my tire in my drive-way, in the heat with all 3 of my kids patiently waiting to go where we needed to, the same thing happened, lots of people driving by, none stopping to help. This morning, I turned into my neighborhood and saw a lady stopped with 2 flat tires! There was no way I was going to just leave her there. So I stopped, as should you!

4 comments:

Brooklynn said...

Glad you know how to change a tire. I do not. Not for lack of learning, more like a lack of wanting to learn. Lol. Guess I should get on that.

Linda D said...

@Brooke, have your hubby show you :) But then again theres always AAA or other people if you are just in a real bind! I saw your parents in Cedar Hill, hope I didnt creep them out :)

Rachel said...

Coach Tolar taught us how to change tires in junior senior pe class. I have since changed a number of tires. And yes, we stop to help others. I bet those guys were just loving the look of cute girls changing a tire. You must have looked like you were in control of the situation. :)

Linda D said...

Rachel, I learned in Nigeria too :) but by Uncle Mike Kiekover at his shop! That is great memory to have of Coach Tolar though.