I have been wanting to blog for over a week now, BUT because I have no pictures, I have been hesitating! My current camera is a piece of junk, I need a new one, but that aint happening anytime soon!
So this entry will be ALL words....boring :)
If you are still reading, from this point on it will all be random:
-Abigail has gone through some interesting stages in the past few months. Actually around her second birthday she began to take off her diaper ALL the time when it was dirty. She moved from that to taking it off every single time we put her in her crib for nap or bedtime. I would often go in there after she fell asleep to find her asleep butt naked! Thank GOD there was never any poop. She finally stopped doing that (I will not disclose the info on how we dealt with that for fear of any of you "non-spankers" out there)
She went from that to coming out of her crib! If you know this child, you are not suprised. Her size has never stopped her from climbing to the top of high things at the park, or jumping off high tables and desks, etc....
The only reason I am writing this now is because this morning I realised that we have gotten comfortable in a weird routine. For MONTHS now when she wakes up in the morning she screams bloody murder from her crib until I got get her. I tried and tried to get her to stop seeing as she shares a room with her sister, but she wouldnt. Now, we dont have that problem, when she gets up she gets out of her crib, opens her door, shuts it so sister can keep sleeping and then she comes to my room and wakes me up! I never thought i would allow my child to do this, but it has been wonderful not dealing with screaming in the morning and she doesnt begin her day frustrated and screaming. Now when it is time for nap or bed she will RUN to her room and put herself in her crib! We still have the occasional struggle because she can get in and out that when I put her down a few minutes later I will see her come out and act like it is time to play, but I just say nothing to her walk her back to her room and place her in her crib and from the look on my face she knows that if she tries it again there will be serious trouble!
-We currently have family in town. My cousin is here with his wife and their daughter who is only a few months younger than Hannah. So Hannah has been in heaven with a constant playmate. I have enjoyed having a girlfriend. I dont have many of those and never really get chill time with friends.
- Eric and I celebrated our 5th anniversary! We havent done anything for it yet, but i am sure we will soon....hopefully before our next anniversary! We watched our wedding video the other night and we laughed cause Hannah has been OBSESSED with our wedding. She constantly asks us questions about it and it sad she wasnt there :) We were watching the video on the couch with our THREE kids and Eric and I looked at each other and thought.........wow we have THREE kids!
-Valentines day.................blah! Eric went to work in the middle of the afternoon. I honestly dont care about Valentines day. I am one of those girls who says it and means it. I dont say it and secretly wish Eric would do something. It would be fun if we went to like a couples dinner or something. My good friend's church does a gala for singles and couples. She was shocked when i told her that my church doesnt do anything. To quote her directly she said " I cant believe your church doesnt do anything, yall have so many organized and detail oriented people there. I think you people are too involved in your kids and your own lives." PRETTY MUCH! my freaking sentiments exactly.
-Joshie Boshie Boo is growing up SOOOOO much. I am so sad when I see him now. He just moved out of the face where he loved to be cuddly, now he just wants you to put him down and let him be free. I can take it :) He is still the sweetest boy ever! Seriously, my brother tells everyone that "that's what he does" cause he does nothing! i am not complaining. Coming after Miss Go-Go we needed a calm one. Speaking of Go-go, she and I are having much better days. It is still hard, OH SO HARD, but i see glimpses of change. I think she and I will be best buds. She is by far my funnest (is that a word) kid. she loves to make people laugh and is a people person. She is never ever shy and has moves like crazy. She is super athletic (Eric says both of our girls are). For a two year old with not much height to her, I see her agility and quickness and none can compare :) okay maybe some can! I love my Gogo-licious!
-Big sister is doing well. her world is officially black and white. literally. She is obsessed with who is "black like her" and who is not. Her teacher told me she was even counting the black kids in her class. that would be one. sad. She even said one day "I love black people". Not sure what to do with this. She needs to get around more "kids like her". We are working on that.
-BIG changes for the Darjeans in 2010. Its gonna be a good year. Lord willing, a great year where we are obedient and follow Him.
1 comment:
I love this update! Words are important too sweetie! Justin and I are about to celebrate our 8th year!! We are so blessed and also can't believe we have 3 kids!! It's so amazing...Justin always asks me about you guys. I wish we could get together! We will hopefully be moving into our new house soon and we will be asking you guys to come over and play!!! Love you so much!
Post a Comment